0

What's Currently Going On

Posted by Unknown on 8:37 PM
We had our Toastmasters meeting yesterday. It was one of the best meetings that we ever had. We had a lot of laughter and a lot of fun. I was the Table Topic Master. I love that role better than any other during the meetings. I learned a couple of things about the members that I didn’t know. I got some great tips for writing a twenty minute speech.

Today, I bought food from Whole Foods. I don’t know where they get their fruit from. I have never had a piece of fruit from one of their stores that wasn’t a treat for the mouth. Actually all of the food is really good there. And, the people that work there are very nice and helpful.

When I was looking for venues to have my party, I contacted a particular club. I spoke to the event coordinator over a month ago. Eight weeks ago to be specific. She just sent me a response via e-mail today. You know I am writing a letter to the owners because that is not acceptable.

We are having a Troop Leader meeting with Leaders from all over the city this weekend. I am looking forward to it. It is going to be nice to meet other women that are rowing a similar boat. This is going to be my second year as a Leader. After this year, I am going to give someone else a chance to step up. Besides, I am finding other things that I want to introduce to my daughter to.

She expressed that she wanted to get a big sister. I filled out an application for the Big Brother/Big Sister program. And, we will be interviewed at the end of August. So, I will keep you posted on that. She may be joining the Boys and Girls Club because they have an after school program that is connected with a school in my neighborhood. They seem to have a lot of good things going on for kids.

I know that the summer isn’t over but I am already thinking about September. The highlights for the month of the August are my birthday celebrations and trip to Florida. I am going with two of my friends for a weekend. I am excited and scared because I have not been in a bathing suit since the 80’s. You have read right. I typed the 80’s. I am not exactly Ms. Lovesexy but I don’t look horrible either. So, I will keep you posted on that one too.

This has been a long work week. I am looking forward to the weekend. This is the first Saturday that I’m not having a Weight Watchers meeting. I am going to miss it.

Holler at you later,
Kenya

Quote of the day
"Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it."
Diane Sawyer
TV Personality

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.