0

Feeding Fear

Posted by Unknown on 11:13 PM
There are certain articles that I won’t read. I will fade out of conversations when I realize that it is taking a turn towards one of my zones. I am coming to a place in my life where I am avoiding people and activities that feed my fears. It’s easy for it to happen. So, what ever I am working on at the time, I stay on a look out for anything that derails my progress.

One of my biggest fears is that no one would show up for my signings. I have never had a dinner party. Actually, I have never hosted anything because of that fear. I planned on having a big 30th birthday party. It never happened. I told people that I wanted to wait until I was 40 because my daughter would be older. That is a lame excuse but no ever challenged it. I was scarred.

This year I am facing that fear. I’m hosting a happy hour and a party for my birthday. I procrastinated on sending the invitations. But, the e-vites have been sent and now I have to prepare for the big days. So far, I’ve been getting positive responses. At this point whatever is supposed to happen will happen. If they are a success than this could be the beginning of something good for me.

By the way, I didn’t have an opportunity to give the speech.

Quote of the Day
The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.
– Ferdinand Foch, 1851-1929, French Soldier

Enjoy your day

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.