0

Tree

Posted by Unknown on 8:25 PM
Have you ever wanted shelter
Something to hold you up when you’re weary?
A comforting cooling ominous force to keep you company?
I tried to find someone to do this for me
I should’ve found a tree

I wanted security, a positive presence in my life
Words don’t have to transpire between us
I’d like to just sit and admire the grass
Read a book in the cooling shade
I tried to find someone to do this with me
I should’ve found a tree

The leaves float in the air over me like an angel
The limbs are its God guiding its purpose
The trunk a forever root that represents stability
The tree, itself, a friend that never says anything
or asks questions
It’s there for you
That is until someone comes along the forest of life
and cut down all the trees in your life

Then you start to look to an individual
who won’t or can’t be a tree
Most likely because you wouldn’t be either.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.