0

Today has been a good day

Posted by Unknown on 10:30 PM
Today has been a good day. My plans for celebrating my birthday are coming together. I am giving a speech tomorrow that I have not written yet. I got the latest and greatest issue of Essence in the mail. So, I have new reading material for my ride to work. Hopefully, I will get some ideas for my speech. I think I am going to sleep on the speech and write it first thing in the morning.

As far as my writing, I am reviewing some poems that I would like to publish as an e-book. I intend on putting together a few poems to give away in order to peak interest in my writing. If things work than people will purchase my e-book and I will get exposure. If it doesn’t work than at least I will get people to read my work. And, I will still get exposure.

I am at a place in my novel where I am expanding on what I already have. I am in the market for a critique group. I am going to keep writing until I find one. If I don’t find a critique group to join than I will continue expanding to the best of my ability and find an editor. It is getting a little late and I am tired.

This is a sidebar: Have you been watching "Rock Star INXS"? If the people on “Rock Star INXS” were on “American Idol” than I would have watched “American Idol” more consistently. All of the contestants have strong voices. At this point I can’t tell who the winner is going to be. And, lastly about all of them have personalities. I hope the losers at least get offered record deals. Or, form a group or something…..they deserve it if they keep their performances consistent through the competition.

My quote for today is:
You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.
– Charles F. Kettering, 1876-1958, American Engineer and Inventor

Good night. Or, good day depending on when you read this.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.