0

Terry McMillan is the best

Posted by Unknown on 5:46 PM
You ever have one of those days that start out kind of shaky. I don’t know what was going on with my stomach. I went somewhere and couldn’t get into the building. I came home pretty much passed out for the remainder of the morning. I woke up in enough time to brush my teeth and grab a t-shirt to throw on. I had intended to leave the house at 12. It was 1 o’clock by the time I got into my car. I was planning on going to see Terry McMillan.

I got lost getting to the library. So, a fifteen minute drive took 30 minutes. This weekend they are having Artscape, an annual arts festival. There are people everywhere and it’s hard to find parking. I eventually got on track. While looking for parking I had to drive pass the Library. There was a line wrapped around the building. By the time I parked and walked up to the building it was 1:45. As I was about to walk to the end of the line, a lady told her friend that all the people that made reservations were able to walk right in. I was too happy to hear that. I turned right around and walked in front of the line and into the building. I was assigned a seat on the third floor. I went up there to get a seat. It was a room with a screen set up. I wasn’t even going to be in the room with her. I was a little disappointed. They announced that they were selling books on the first floor. After asking someone to save my seat, I went to purchase my book downstairs. While down there I noticed that there were plenty of empty seats. So, I slid into one close to the front. I’m glad that I did. I have seen her on television but it is nothing like seeing her in person.

Ms. McMillan was wonderful. She has a wonderful personality. Her answers come from a real place. I am a big fan of hers because she could be my aunt, sister or cousin. I am so glad that I had an opportunity to go today. If you ever get an opportunity to go to one of her readings please do it. It is a real treat. She also signed my book. It was a real treat.

In the immortal words of Ms. McMillan, “You may be scared. Do that shit anyway!”

Have a good one. I’ll holler at a player later.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.