0

Welcome to My Blog

Posted by Unknown on 9:25 PM
At this point in my life I am working from two lists. The first list is of things that I want to do/have/be. The second list is of things that I have accomplished. Guess which list is longer? Well, I am waiting. Which list do you think it is? Ding! Ding! You have guessed correctly, list number one. I am approaching another birthday. I am not in a bad place. I am actually in the same place that I was this time last year. I am not where I thought I would be. I have been on the sidelines of life for a while. I have been sitting on the bench so long that my uniform is a little faded from the sunlight. I am making small steps towards making the second list longer. I joined Toastmasters. I am great with talking to people on a one on one basis. But in a group setting I tend to fade into the background. So, I am working on that. I am trying to exercise regularly and make better food choices. I am still working on the eating right part but I am making progress. I am losing weight but not enough for other people to notice yet. I have started doing writing prompts, in order to write every day. Since I was a child one of my goals has been to be a successful published author. I am in my 30's and it hasn’t happen. I have read books, been to two classes (one seminar and one on the web) to learn about publishing and self-publishing. I am scared. I have a lot of ideas. I have a lot of interesting characters but I am scarred. I am going to face my fear. And, I am going to document my journey here, as well as post some of my writing prompts. I have always had a problem with keeping commitments to myself. For some strange reason, I can get things done when I think someone else will hold me accountable. So, I am making myself accountable to anyone that would like to read about my experience. I am armed with this blog, a writer’s market online subscription and my work. Put on some comfortable shoes because we are about to go for a long walk.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.