0

Highlight of Last Week

Posted by Unknown on 11:19 PM
Hello Good People,

Last week, I really enjoyed my life. I hung out with a great friend. Shout out to Charisse. Here are some highlights:

Went to DC
I used to work in DC. Baltimore is nowhere from DC but I never go anymore. The vibe is very different from Baltimore. I drove past my old work location. I wonder if Sammie, the guy that owns the hot dog stand, is still there. When I stopped working in DC, the building across the street was under construction. I finally saw the final product: people were sitting out front waiting for a bus. People looked happy and dressed great. The city was live and kicking at 11:00 on a Wednesday night. You would have thought that it was a Friday or Saturday night the way everything was jumping.

Saw Beyonce in concert
I wasn’t friends with Beyonce before Wednesday. I went to her movies. If her song came on the radio, I would listen. Occasionally, sing along, at least the chorus part. But, she has converted me. I am now a fan. I’ve told everyone that would listen that they should buy a ticket. She really is talented. She worked hard on that stage. I can’t believe she has enough energy to do that every night.

Spent quality time with great folks
Mentioned before that I hung out w/Charisse. We met a fun guy on the streets of DC. I think his name is Don. He had great conversation and made us laugh. Went to a cook out and connected with old friends and made some new

Renewed Appreciation for my life
With all the death that came about this week, I had a good time reminiscing with the Michael Jackson songs. Most of the songs took me back to simpler times. It also took me back to a time when I believed in myself more and dreamed. It has brought a lot into perspective for me. It brought me back to what is important to me.

Went to Church and talked to God more
I got a good message from the TV this morning. Got an even better message in the house of the Lord. Learned a lesson. I was having a bad moment. I wanted someone to talk to. I wanted someone to tell me to be still and let God. Let me be real, I wanted someone to say something that would make me feel better. First, I couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Than when I did, they said things that took me further into my bad moment. When I got off the phone, God put the words that I needed to hear in a complete strangers mouth. Lesson learned: Lean on God and His understanding. God knows what you need and when you need it. He will provide, you need to be open for your blessings to come from places that you wouldn’t ordinarily look.

Make the most of your day,
Kenya Abney

PS
Watched the BET Awards, Highlights were: any time Neyo or Jaime Foxx hit the stage, New Jack Swing and O'Jay's tributes and Maxwell Performance. Thinking about posting clips tomorrow after they hit Youtube. You can read my twitter comments in the column.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.