0

Great October Weekend

Posted by Unknown on 11:02 AM in , , , ,
Hello Good People,

I can’t speak on the workweek, but the weekend has been fabulous. On Friday, I went to the Maxwell concert. Chrisette Michelle and Common were the opening acts. Everyone knows that Chrisette is a songbird, she did her thing. Common is a sexy dude that could do no wrong as far as I’m concerned. The highlights of his performance were: Tribute to hip hop, brought out Bilal and he had a DJ tear down the house on the turntable. Let me not forget to mention that he brought all the sexiness that you see on TV and hear in the records.

I was really glad to see Bilal. I understand that he has a new album coming out. I still listen to the album he released a couple of years ago. If you don’t know whom I’m talking about, here are two of his videos:


Here are my three favorite Common Videos. Yes, I have favorite Common videos.



I LOVE Maxwell. He doesn’t have LL Cool J status. He is getting close, though. If you get a chance to see Maxwell in concert, please go. He has a phenomenal band behind him. The horn section will blow you away. He sang a lot of songs from his new album; be prepared to be acquainted with Maxwell in a way that you haven’t been before. Check out his latest and one of his greatest videos:



Saturday was raining, so I didn’t have my golf lesson. I went to the mall. I bought Faith Evans book, Keep the Faith and a pretty box that I’m using as my hope chest. I haven’t started it yet because I’m reading, Wake Up, I’m Fat by Camryn Manheim. There is a book exchange at the train station I go to every morning. This is my first time picking up a book. So far, it is a pretty good read. I don’t know why I picked it up. It is a good lesson in self-acceptance. I went to a 40th birthday party that was 70’s themed. It was a blast. The birthday girl entered the room to Disco Lady. She made a grand entrance, she had a dance routine down and everything. Some people went all out on their costumes also. It was a real fun evening. This afternoon, I am going to support my friend by going to her Usher Anniversary program at her church.

I feel Blessed, Highly favored, and wealthy with an abundance of riches. I am truly grateful for the experiences I had this weekend.

Loving Life because it loves Me,
Kenya Abney


|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.