0

Happy Mother's Day

Posted by Unknown on 7:52 PM in ,

Hello Good People,

Today is Mother’s Day.  I have been a mother for 16 years.  Every age and stage brings its own challenges and rewards.  I love being a Mother.  I am not the perfect mother.  Actually, I make lots of mistakes.  When my daughter was younger, I would hide everything from her.  As she grows older and preparing to live her own life, I revel more to her.  I don’t revel everything but enough for her to know that I’m not perfect.  Also, I want her to know that when bad things happen, as long as you have breath in your body, you can live through it.  In some cases, you will feel like the floor has fallen from under your feet but you have to go forward.  I also want her to know that sometimes you surprise yourself with your attitude, skills and faith.  God sends Angels.  And, encouragement comes from strange places.  Stay open.  I know that she rolls her eyes when I say things.  I can’t say that she is listening.  I can say that she is watching me.  We went to the movies and hung out around the house.  I got lovely cards from my sisters, great text messages and shout outs on Facebook.  I couldn’t ask for more. 

By the way, we saw Jumping the Broom.  We enjoyed the movie.  If you saw it, let me know what you thought.

I’m expecting a good day tomorrow. 

Stay Blessed,
Kenya

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.