0

Keep Going Even When You are Tired

Posted by Unknown on 1:39 PM
I will let life distract me in a heart beat. I can be focused for weeks. One, maybe two, things will happen and I am sidetracked for months. I am a true believer that things happen when they are supposed to. There are two factors that can discount that statement: (1) Never starting and (2) stopping once you have started. When you aren’t working toward a goal than nothing special or new can come to fruition in your life.

As for never starting: start!! Commit to doing one thing every day. Give yourself 30 minutes a day. Some days you may do more. Others you may do less.
Are you a morning person? Get up 30 minutes earlier than usual.
Afternoon thinker? Do something during your lunch break.
When the sun goes down your brain turns on? Turn off the TV and put on music that doesn’t have words. 30 minutes is not that long and you will be surprised what you can accomplish in a week.

As for stopping: You have already started. That is half the battle. Look back on the progress that you have made. Pat yourself on the back. Recharge yourself by giving yourself a treat for taking some steps. Now review your goal and action plan. Maybe you need to revise them. Something can work for you one day and not the next. Don’t fret. That means you are making progress. Progress means you are closer to reaching your goal or developing an even better one. Once you have reevaluated and recommitted yourself it is time to work.

Your assignment, if you choose to accept it is to: recharge, review, revise, recommit and get to work.

Quotes of the Day
" “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "
~ Calvin Coolidge, 30th President

""Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."
~ Thomas Carlyle

Affirmation of the Week
I am prosperity!
My supply is wherever I am.
It comes to me from every direction.
I accept this abundance bounty and opulence today.
I know that it is externalizing itself in my life and affairs.
Wherever I go, I shall meet prosperous people and prosperous conditions.
Whatever I think, I shall think with joy, optimism, happiness, and peace.
Whatever I do, I will do with wisdom, authority, power, and right action.
I separate my thought from any belief in want, in capacity, and in ability.
I disclaim the idea that I am broke, despondent, poor, crushed, defeated, or dependent.
All financial obligations, debts, and pressures are being liquidated.
All unhappy circumstances, conditions, and misunderstandings are being harmonized.
New opportunities and opening to me.
My whole mind, soul, and spirit accept these truths.
I am made rich!

Kenya Abney has been a featured writer on the web. She loves feedback and can be contacted at kenmoab1@verizon.net.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.