0

Reviewed my “to do” list for year 31

Posted by Unknown on 10:17 PM
Yesterday, I was reviewing my “to do” list for year 31. I only accomplished two things on the list. So, I am carrying over unrealized dreams and wishes into another year. If I said that I am not a little disappointed in myself, than I would be a liar. I also thought about why I let “whatever that has been happening” get between me and my list.

1. Didn’t review the list daily. Out of sight, not on my mind. I only seriously think about my list when I look at it. So, I have taped a copy to the bathroom mirror so I have to look at it and think about it.

2. Took passive steps towards my goals. Over the last year, I have taken classes, attended seminars, gave a few speeches at Toastmaster’s meetings, planned and started a website, read books, etc. On the surface that sounds like I am doing something. But that isn’t really anything if I haven’t completed my goal. I believe in taking baby steps but you eventually have to make tracks to make progress.

3. Got caught up in making something perfect. Especially with my writing, I will rewrite and reread. And rewrite and reread, until I am tired of it. I will than put it away until I feel like falling into that same cycle. Striving for perfection has driven me to procrastination.

4. Gave in to my fear. I will not submit an idea because I am scarred. I will go through the process of finding markets to submit work. Write the query letter. And, I won’t mail it because I am convinced that no one wants to read it anyway. Or, it is not good enough.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to friend about someone else’s underdog/It’s a miracle/you better be a believer story. She did something that no one else has ever done in my life. She asked me about my own experience. I can quote chapter and verse of someone else’s story to inspire others but I am leery about applying these things to my own life. I won’t step out to make my own success story. I’m working on it with my revised list.

Quotes of the Day

Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
– George Halas, 1895-1983, American Football Player/Coach/Owner

I used to say, “I sure hope things will change.” Then I learned that the only way things are going to change for me is when I change.
– Jim Rohn, American Businessman/Author/Speaker

Holler at a Player Later,
Kenya

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.