0

New Year's Eve 2009

Posted by Unknown on 10:30 PM
Hello Good People,

I would be lying if I said that I’m not glad to say good-bye to ’09. I’m looking forward to peace, happiness, abundance and blessings in 2010. I don’t know who or how exactly but I want to bless other people with my time and resources.

I learned a lot about attitude in 2009. I spent most of the year renewing my mind and working on the way that I think about things. I had a hard year on a couple of levels but I kept an attitude of expectancy and leaned on God/Jesus/Holy Spirit. As a result, I had a lot of good things happen to me.

I reconnected with old friends, strengthened a few friendships, took up a new hobby (golf), got out of the house by going to concerts (Beyonce, Maxwell, Common, Chrisitte Michelle, George Wilborn, Joe, Chico DeBarge) and Brunch (Rusty Scupper at 11:00 on Sunday). I read lots of good books and saw movies. I’ve lived through the drama of a high school freshman. I celebrated my 10th year with Verizon. You read that right, 10 years. I can’t believe it either. I had a friend that reminded me that I met her 20 years ago. I still feel like the same person that went to P.S. 52.

This year, I took a road trip with my sister, Trina and daughter, Destiny. I called it Monique, Imani and Louise adventure; we drove from Maryland to Alabama. I am a more confident driver now. I witnessed my cousin Alex marry his Dana. I was a Bridesmaid for my Baby Sister. I have a crush on a guy. It has been years since I’ve felt this way about someone. It is nice to know that I can feel something for someone.

I stretched myself by teaching a public speaking class to teens at Grace AME church. I developed the curriculum and handouts. I didn’t really like teaching. I am ok with not being a teacher. I got mixed reviews on the class. One parent wasn’t satisfied with the program. Another parent said that the class helped her son come out of his shell. Her and her husband were very pleased with his progress.

My Sister’s and I are writing a book on being sisters; this project is going to bring us closer together. I am returning to school, I have registered for the Master’s of Management Program with a concentration in Public Administration with the University of Phoenix. I am scared. I’ve taken classes, like golf and writing, stuff along the lines of personal development. This is the first time in 15 years that I am pursuing a degree. Did I mention that I am scared? I am looking forward to overcoming the challenges that I have ahead of me in 2010. I am looking forward to the successes, friendships, laughs, miracles, blessings and good memories.

I used to make resolutions. Now, I strive to make each year better than the last. Since I’m being honest, I am better off this year than I was last year. If for no other reason than I believe in myself more than I ever have before. I am anticipating great things in my life. I have a lot of positive changes coming my way in 2010.

May God bless you,
Kenya

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.