0

End of One, Beginning of the Other

Posted by Unknown on 10:51 PM
I got my paddle for participating in the dragon boat race. It brought back a lot of good memeories. I am looking forward to being in the next race. I think it is scheduled for May 2007 in Washington, DC.

I want to go to Barcelona next year to go Salsa dancing. I saw a vacation package on the internet for a company that sells dance vacation packages. I am a true salsa beginner. I love it though. You can dance for hours and not realize it. It is so much fun. I have never been out of the country before. Barcelona looks like a pretty city. Besides the dancing I want to go on a four hour city tour, Tapas tour and of course shopping. I have no idea how I am going to pay for this. Or, who is going to go with me? I am going to make it happen. I am going to get Spanish tapes from the library. I have been practicing a few phrases with my daughter. Now we are going to kick it up a notch.

I’m not moving to California. I guess I am going to reserve the West Coast for vacationing…for now. I don’t want to be that far from my family.

Last week was an up and down week for me. I keep coming across people in my age group that waited to have children. They didn’t get jobs. They started careers. They are married and just starting a family. They spent their youth working hard and playing hard. I sometimes feel like I am trying to play catch up with everyone around me. I need work in every area of my life. I’m getting my plan together.

My sister is coming to visit next weekend. I am so excited. We are going to church together. Afterwards, we’re going to a jazz brunch. I look forward to spending time with her. This is going to be my last week wearing a weave for a while. I’ve been weaving it up for almost two years. I’m not looking forward to doing my own hair but it is time. I am making changes in all areas of my life.

Have a fantabulous week!!

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.