0

Books for Young Adults

Posted by Unknown on 10:27 PM
I have lived to tell about another day. I’ve been reading, The Spirit of Writing: Classic and contemporary Essays Celebrating the Writing Life. It is a really good read. I’ve had it for awhile but this is the first time that I have read it. It is on time because I have been slacking on my writing since school started, it has given me a boost to read about other authors. I didn’t realize that so many authors have uncommon reasons to start writing but they have common reasons and feeling about continuing.

As much as I am a reader, my daughter is not. So, I am always on the look out for something that will spark her interests besides the Cheetah Girls, teeny bopper movies and television. KIMANI press is launching a new line of young adult books geared towards African American teens. The imprint is KIMANI TRU, starting January 30, 2007 they will release a new book each month from a young emerging authors. The books are going to be priced at $9.99 in trade paperback. If you are thinking of starting a mother/daughter book club, or you want spend some time with the young adults in your life this may be a good resource. Click on the links to get more information about the imprint and books.

If you like the books, Kimani TRU authors are available for book signings and promotional events -- for further information contact consulting publicist, Julia Shaw at 917-501-6780.

I got Real Simple in the mail yesterday. I'm getting comfy, cozy with that for a few days.

Have a good one!!

Quote of the day
I don't like work... but I like what is in work -- the chance to find yourself. Your own reality -- for yourself, not for others -- which no other man can ever know.
- -- Joseph Conrad

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.