0

Dragon Boating

Posted by Unknown on 10:05 PM
Add “Dragon Boating” to my list of activities that are taking me out of my comfort zone. I signed up to be in a race. Race day is Saturday, September 9th. I have committed to rowing in a boat every Wednesday from 5:15 -7. After work! Can you believe it!

The first practice was not easy. But, it was better than what I expected. I look forward to going back next week. I slept like a baby last night. Between ballet and Dragon boating I should be in decent shape. Right now my back is aching. But, I am proud of myself.

Last year, I got into a bathing suit for the first time since the 80’s. It wasn’t a vanity thing. It was a scared of water thing. I wouldn’t even get in a pool. So, not only will I get good cardiovascular exercise and face my fear of water, I will also have the genuine feeling of being proud of myself. On race day I am getting a paddle to prove that I did it.

I challenge you to step out of your box. Do one thing you always wanted to do? Or, better yet do something that you never thought that you would do.

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Kenya's Corner All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.